Great microphone for this price range
This was my first studio microphone ever bought. I received many recommendations on this microphone, so I decided for it, and I'm very happy for this decision. I use it in home recording of demos for different bands, so far I used it on vocals, guitars, accordion, clarinet, trumpet and it worked really well.
- For 200¤ you get not only a good mic, but also shockmount which can be put on different sizes of threads on mic stands, pop-filter which is very useful in recording, cable, cover so you can cover it when not using it and CD in which different mic techniques are shown on practical example.
- Sound of this mic is really clear, present, with no annoying middles.
- Trying different mic techniques can give you different interesting sounds and colours of it.
- Recording vocals too close to mic can give too sibilant sound, but you can avoid this with recording a bit further from mic, or by recording little off-axis of it. Deesser also helps in mixing.
- Sometimes I find difficult to connect a cable with connector on the microphone (clip of the cable doesn't clip well with the connector).
SUMMARY: I would definitely recommend buying this microphone in this price range.