HeaPunk on 2020/05/15
I am producer and sound engineer. I needed a better unit to record some small band sessions, because quite often I felt that my Focusrite 18i8 couldn't provide me quality I wanted. Also I am using it on my home studio as a primary audio interface and mixing console.
Step up I got with this baby is big... stop, no. It's HUMONGOUS !!!!!
- Preamps are really good and clear, especially DI inputs !
- Amazing console software what gives tons of flexibility
- UAD plugins and unison technology !!!
- Solid build quality
- Talkback installed
- 2 Headphone outputs
- You can get 5 plugins if you know someone who already having a UAD interface
- Great support and community for UAD users
- Suits for live situations
- Thunderbolt 3 cable is not included, spent extra 45€ on it, since I realized that simple USB Type-C doesn't work with it 😃
- Main knob is a little bit wobbly, but it seems to be a usual thing on most UAD Apollo interfaces
I think it is the best audio interfaces out there with lots of potential for my sound engineer future. This machine is super portable and could handle a lot!
Thanks UAD and Thomann!
These kind of things are boosting my creativity and urge to work harder!