Electro Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff PI
- This product is in stock and can be shipped immediately.
- Item number: 250606
- sales unit: 1 piece
- available since: 2010/08/13
The Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi is one of the classics among distortion pedals. As one of the first pedals made, it delivered a harmonious, tube-resembling distortion sound, and so it is not surprising that it was particularly favoured by guitarists who valued "beautiful" overdrive sounds. Typical of the Big Muff is the almost violin-like sustain. Santana is said to have used it on his first records; Jimi Hendrix had at least one, and David Gilmour of Pink Floyd still uses it today in his vast collection of effects. But modern musicians, such as Korn, use it to shape their distortion sound. With the EH Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi, 4 classic Germanium transistors ensure the preservation of harmonic distortion. An overdrive sound and a distortion sound - each with its own adjustability - can be used alternatively or in combination. And so we come into the realm of modern sounds. One particularly effective aspect of both sections is the bias control which affects the sound significantly before the distortion.
A great sounding, highly flexible sound unit!
- Combined overdrive and distortion pedal
- Overdrive section controls for gain-bias-tone-volume
- Distortion section controls for gain-bias-volt-volume
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 65 x 110 x 57 mm
- Power supply with a 9V battery or a 9V DC power adaptor (coaxial connection - negative pin inside - not included - for example, article #409939#)