How do I pack my piano?
Our packing hints are supposed to show you, how to pack your return safely, in order to avoid any damages to your property. Please take the time to follow the packing hints as carefully as possible. Its worth it this way youll make sure that your Piano arrives back here safely.
Important: Please do not pack the assembled Piano. Please disassemble it before packing it.
- stable and big enough cardboard packaging
- bubble wrap
- packing tape and cutter
- padding material like crumpled paper or air cushion
After disassembling the keyboard, please attach all moveable parts (e.g. keyboard cover, music stand) with a residue-free tape (e.g. masking tape).
Put one cardboard packing on the floor and put bubble wrap on top of it. Place the keyboard in the middle of the cardboard packing and wrap it completely with the bubble wrap. Make sure that you stick it together generously.
Use edge protection. If you do not have a prefabricated edge protection available, please prepare a simple protection with a piece of cardboard.
Attach the edge protection, as shown, and stick it together as well.
Bend the cardboard on one of the narrow sides from the bottom up. Put another cardboard on top of it and bend the other narrow side upwards. Stick everything together.
Cut in the protrusion and fold it to a stable edge. Proceed equally on all sides. Secure everything with enough tape.
Fold up the long side and seal the parcel this way.
Make sure that all the open places are sealed and pasted up. Please do not be cheap here the better pasted up, the safer.
Your Piano is now safely packed and is ready for collection. Its worth making the effort as your instrument is now optimally protected against damages.
... and now you deserve a coffee ;-)
- Crepe tape, Sellotape . or packthreads are not suitable for sealing such a cardboard box.
- Crumpled newspaper is not suited as padding material. You can use it in order to fill out hollow spaces.
- In case you are reusing an old cardboard box for packing, please make sure that all old labels and barcodes have been removed or blurred.
- Do not use any humid or softened cardboard packing those are not stable enough.
- Big cardboard packing can be obtained from (e.g.) furniture stores, bicycle shops or DIY-stores.