Great desktop audio interface
J106 on 2017/12/16
I've had this unit for a month or so, and I'm liking it so far. Here are my thoughts on it.
1) Sounds great.
2) The buttons on the hardware are well laid out, the user experience is good.
3) No Duet-style breakout-cable.
3) The whole ecosystem (hardware, console, plug-ins, unison) seems good.
4) Haven't had any issues so far, seems very stable.
1) The price is quite high, and one could get by on a cheaper audio interface.
2) The UAD plug-ins can be quite heavy on resources.
3) The plug-ins are expensive when there isn't a campaign going on/you don't have discount vouchers.
The pros far outweigh the cons, so I can only recommend getting this if you've been thinking about it. It costs a bit more than many other audio interfaces, but you are not going to regret investing in it. Solid performance and ecosystem.